1959 Journal

by Betty on

Home Forums 1959 Journal

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Betty 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Betty
    Key Master

After reading the day Pat Blake was born Oct 9, 1959 – Pat read to her mom, Alice, who was then reminiscing about that day, which Pat summarized for me by e-mail:  I will copy and paste from that e-mail:

I told my mom about your dad’s entry for 10/9/59. Boy did that get her reminiscing. She told me how crowded the hospital was that day, that she never made it into a labor room. The doctor asked if they could give her something to slow down her labor because everyone was giving birth at once. She said that it would be fine as long as they made sure that my dad was home by 6:00 or 6:30 in the morning because your mom had her own family to take care of.  My mom also said that the doctor wanted to be the one to tell my dad that he had a daughter after five boys. I think he scared the crap out of my dad because he asked my dad to sit down, he had something to tell him.

Below is pasted what dad wrote about them that day:

Our neighbor Alice Blake had a baby girl at 5:15 a.m. Kay went over there last night and stayed all night.  It’s their first girl after five boys.

Betty
    Key Master

I have to figure out how to fix the time in this forum.  I posted above 10:30 p.m., 02/20/13, not 6:36 a.m. the next day.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments on this entry are closed.

Next post: